Bella's Secret Beauty Test
A balanced beauty creates happiness and comfort. Fill out the following diagnosis to find out...
- Your favorite hairstyle & how to create it.
- Your customized hair treatment needs according to your scalp & hair shaft.
- Followed by home maintenance product prescriptions.
1. What do you need/ what brought you here today?
[_] Hairstyle inspiration
[_] Evening/ Updo Tutorial
[_] All of the above
2. Normally, your favorite hairstyle is reflective of your personality. Which of these characteristics match your style and personality most? (Choose up to two)
[_] Earthy Girl -- Loves simplicity, believes less is more, is natural & effortless.
[_] Classic Girl -- Cherishes the past, is traditional with family values and might borrow her grandmas pearls.
[_] Glamour Girl -- A girly-girl not afraid to show off her femininity.
[_] Modern Girl -- Very futuristic, follows fashion trends, loves everything new & gets bored very easily.
[_] Dramatic Girl -- Demands attention, not afraid of layering textures, always craves more & is seductive.
[_] Imaginary Girl -- Looks unique and unusual. Blends styles from the past, present and future.
3. Which of these blow-dry styles inspires your favorite look? You can choose two.
[_] Straight with Volume
[_] Short & Sassy
[_] Soft Romantic Curls
[_]Triple Volume Max
[_] Sleek & Straight
[_] With Hair Extensions
[_] Sexy Beach Waves
[_] Naturally Curly Hair
4. Which of these up-do's and evening styles, from natural to dramatic, inspires your favorite look? You can choose two. (Collection tutorial available at the end of beauty test)
5. I am...
[_] a male
[_] a female
[_] 18 & under
[_] 19 - 24 years old
[_] 25 - 35 years old
[_] 36 - 45 years old
[_] 46 - 55 years old
[_] 56 years old +
[_] ( That's my little secret... )
7. I live in the...
9. My hair length is...
[_] Short Length (Up to 4")
[_] Medium (8-12")
[_] Long (12" and longer)
8. and I visit a salon...
[_] Once a month, sometimes more!
[_] Every 2 - 3 months
[_] 2 times a year
[_] once a year
10. Do you have gray hair? If Yes, what is the percentage?
[_] I don't have gray hair
11. I shampoo my hair:
[_] Every other day
[_] Twice in a week
[_] Once in a week
12. I condition my hair:
[_] every time I shampoo
13. What's the condition of your scalp?
[_] hair loss with oily scalp
[_] hair loss with dry scalp
[_] hair loss with normal scalp
[_] sensitive and irritated scalp
[_] dandruff with oily scalp
[_] dandruff with dry scalp
[_] oily scalp
[_] normal scalp
[_] dry scalp
14. Which type of hairloss do you have?
[_] Heritage/Genes: Hairloss is usually from the mother's side of the family.
[_] Pregnancy: After pregnancy hairloss is common
[_] Aging/ Menopause: During menopause hairloss is common
[_] Hormone imbalance: Homonal changes in women most often start with hairloss
[_] Severe Sickness: When the body becomes severely sick, experiences toxic buildup or cancer, undergoes radiation, or takes strong prescription drugs, hair loss may result.
[_] Lifestyle: Stress, smoking, excess drinking, improper diet, and lack of exercise are known causes of hair loss, but not a lot of people know this. If your client expresses concerns over hairloss, but appears healthy, you may wish to approach lifestyle choices gently to open discussion.
[_] Environmental Aggressors: Seasonal changes, using the wrong shampoo or conditioners, blow-drying, and overall improper hair care are causes of environmental aggressors that can cause hairloss.
[_] None. I am not currently experiencing any hairloss.
15. Have you ever dipped your hair in pool or ocean water? Or, Is your hair feeling dull & muddy due to products, hard water or medicine build-up? If yes, you need to exfoliate your scalp & hair to remove the build-up for shinier, healthier hair.
16. Would you like pre-sun, pool or ocean hair protection?
17. What did you dislike about your previous blow-dry style?
[_] Too Straight
[_] Too wavy
[_] Too Curly
[_] Too Shiny
[_] Not frizz free enough
[_] Not sleek & soft enough
[_] Not natural looking
19. If you got hair extensions during your last styling/ up-do, what didn't you like about the hair extensions?
[_] Not enough crown volume
[_] Not enough length
[_] Not enough extra length
[_] Not enough density
[_] Too much density
[_] Too big, looked bulky
18. What did you dislike about your previous evening style or up-do?
[_] Too much volume on top and looked bulky
[_] Not enough volume, looked flat
[_] Too simple
[_] Too messy looking
[_] Not enough hold, it fell apart
20. Did you have concerns about covering your thinning root area during your last blow-dry style?
21. If yes, would you like...
[_] To use hair building fibers to temporarily fix thinning spots
[_] To fix your hairline with eyebrow filler
22. As far as look and feel what would you like to get from your blow-dry style?
[_] Sleek & Soft
[_] Natural Looking
23. As far as getting volume and fuller hair, what would you like to get from your blow-dry style?
[_] Density & Fullness around the face & head shape
[_] Crown Volume/ to bring height to the face
24. A balanced beauty creates happiness and comfort. I love beauty when it is not to the point of obsession, but more about the love and comfort of the individual. When it comes to creating a balanced look you must measure everything connected to the head & body. To simply this process I broke it down into Five Pillars.
#1 – Head and Body Proportions
#2 – Bone Structure of the Head
#3 – Fabric of the Hair
#4 – Grade of Sensitivity
#5 – Face Shape
In the following questions we will go through each pillar guiding you on how to measure yourself. Once you understand your five pillars you'll never have a bad hair day again ;)
The proportion of the head and body plays a huge role in what kind of
blow-dry style will enhance your features and your beauty. In general, either
your head size is proportional, smaller than, or, larger than your body.
* To find out which head size you have simply stand in front of the mirror in your underwear and put your hair into a high bun. Now, look at yourself and your head in comparison to your body. Do you think your head size is...
25. Please check off any head and body proportions that concern you:
[_] Cover ears
[_] Show ears
[_] cover neck length
[_] elongate neck length
[_] cover neck hump
[_] cover wide shoulders
[_] widen appearance of narrow shoulders
[_] minimize full bust
[_] maximize small bust
[_] Appear taller
[_] Appear shorter
26. Would you like to add clip-on extensions?
27. Why do you want to add clip-on extensions?
[_] Too add crown volume
[_] To add length
[_] To add density and thickness
[_] All of the above
28. How you put on your makeup can correct your face shape the same applies to hair-styling with your head shape. To enhance any head shape you can choose to add more or less volume to your hairstyle. Because your hair is covering your head shape you don't know what it looks like until you feel it. The following diagrams show most of the different kinds of head shapes you can have. Feel the shape of your head and choose which one you think is most like yours. (The areas where you see red means the head shape is smaller and the hair needs to be emphasized and blue means the head shape is larger and needs to be minimized.)
29. "Fine" hair type refers to the thickness or diameter of the individual strand of hair. It is possible for clients to have fine type and thick hair density, or coarse hair type and thin hair density.
What is your hair type? Choose one strand of your hair and look at it. If it is fine, it will be thinner than a piece of thread. If it is medium, it will be the same thickness as a piece of thread. If it is coarse, it will be thicker than a piece of thread. Choose from the following: